Sunday, September 25, 2011

God has got this..."

Before you read this please know that we are so grateful and have been incredibly blessed by all those who have supported us through contributions, providing services, offering up prayers, words of encouragement and guidance through this adoption process. What comes next is just an example of the ups and downs of walking with God, learning how to trust in Him through all things.

So today is the day when we are supposed to have the kick off for our both hands project. Well, between conflicting schedules, emergency room visits and a series of other obstacles it looks like we are only going to have a few able to attend tonight. The truth be told my instinct is to just cancel the thing and try to reschedule when more people can attend. I see the discouragement in Bethany's face and it just breaks my heart. I want to go into the protective defender of the family and tell the world that we don't need your help...we will do this on our own and that is just how it will be. Then, I was humbled when God put a Word in me and reminded me that we are not doing this nor have we ever been doing this alone. He reminded me of the tea, and then put a name in my head...Gideon. OK, so I go and look up Gideon and I am humbled to read once again that Gideon, who is hiding because he is terrified of what God is asking of him, is referred to as a "Mighty Man of Valor". Isn't it interesting that Gideon is referred to as a mighty man of valor before he did anything, other than run and hide, but you know anything worth that title? A lot of you probably know the rest of the story, God told Gideon to take a handful of warriors to attack something like the rest of the world but not to worry, cause "God has got this..." so bring that several thousand years to today and look at what we have, two beautiful kiddos that need a forever family, us feeling at times completely alone and fearful at times. Knowing that it is hard for people to understand what we are going through. Knowing that we cannot become bitter because our adoption is not as important to everyone else as it is to us. We have to understand that this is our call and our Father will bring people along side us, provide the needed resources to accomplish His work. It is hard to remember but very freeing to remember that it is not about us. That this is about Him, it is happening in His time with the people and resources that He is providing. So to that I say "THANK YOU GOD! You've got this!"

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much...for putting words to, I would assume, so many of us feel!! It is not about us, it is about God and where He is leading us, the people He is leading us to and at what speed.
    God bless you and I will be praying along side you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true Chris! The Creator of the Universe set you all on this journey and He will NEVER disappoint you. He is the ONLY one who wont. Well meaning folks (ahem..like me) will always make choices that are not what you need. I am so sorry I could not be there yesterday. I had to make a choice and that had to be my little Lily. Her life is in such turmoil now and she needed her YaYa:) Please know that this in NO WAY changes how excited I am to be a part of this project and helping to raise your ransom for your sweet children. God is good. All the time. I love you all. "For the Lord takes delight in his people; he crowns the humble with salvation". Psalm 149:4

    ReplyDelete