Saturday, February 25, 2012

On Our Way!

Travel arrangements have been made. Dogs will be taken care of as well as the house. A sweet friend is here helping me stock the freezer with meals before we leave. :) Many errands to run before we go. The packing has started! Oh what to take????

I'm nervous, excited and my heart aches because I know how confused and scared our little ones will be at first. They don't know (yet) how much this family loves them and that we are forever their family. They've never had forever... just been in waiting.

Isn't that what it was like before claiming Jesus as my own? Desiring forever love but not really knowing what it was I was longing for? He reached down and picked me up and claimed me for His own. It is only because of this, that I can fly to another country and claim two more for our family. He's given us the desire, the resources, the way, the privilege to do this. He will give this weak person the strength to be Mommy to Annabelle and Timothy just as He has given me the capability to be Mommy to Alexandra and Hunter. All by His grace. All for His glory.

I pray that as you have followed our journey God has shown Himself to you- that you would know Him more. I can do nothing in my own power. I have no control over time. Finances are not mine. It is all His, and He has a purpose for when and why things happen. I can rest in that truth more now that we've been walking the road of adoption. He is good all the time. I hope I always choose to see that!

If you are praying for us... we thank you greatly!
Our prayer requests:
  1. Timothy and Annabelle will be at peace with their transition and know that they are truly loved.
  2. Quick attachment to us.
  3. Remaining finances
  4. Safety
If you would still like to send in a tax deductible donation you can by clicking on Annabelle and Timothy's picture or the Both Hands logo to the right.

Thanks so much for your prayers and support!
Blessings,
Bethany

2 comments:

  1. Are you as nervous as I am? You should see the amount of stuff we have packed too! So thrilled for you and can't wait meet your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope it goes great. Praying for you guys today!

    ReplyDelete