Friday, December 6, 2013

In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps. Proverbs 16:9

Our steps were planned long ago...

  Your eyes saw my unformed body;
    all the days ordained for me were written in your book
    before one of them came to be.
Psalm 139:16

Began writing on Oct. 11, 2013.....

Yes, the Knox Family is on another journey.
We've traveled this road before...many times, but it's always different and yet some of it is always the same. New adventures, new friends, new lessons (and probably some old ones that just need to be learned again), and new work.
Same --sadness/broken hearts for leaving such dear friends. Such joy and thanksgiving that God blessed us with them.

We are on the move again. Something we didn't plan on doing. We thought we'd stay in Tennessee, but God's plans are often different than ours.
 "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm     you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

So, we are trusting in Him because He has ALWAYS been faithful. It's off to Florida we go.....
all the way to Ft. Lauderdale.

Though we truly know the Lord has always known our future, this new chapter of our journey to us seemingly started almost a year ago on November 1, 2012, when Chris unexpectedly lost his job.
Admittedly this was a huge shock, but I can honestly say I was confident God had something in the
works. It wasn't some of the things we thought it could be, and it has taken a whole lot longer than we had hoped. But, He has orchestrated some specific details to support our journey south. One of those details, that I just realized about a week ago, is that He placed us in our church in Chattanooga not only for our current spiritual growth, community, friendships and teaching, but also for our future in Ft. Lauderdale. Our pastors and MANY people from our church, Calvary Chapel Chattanooga, came from Calvary Chapel Ft. Lauderdale. So, we have a place to start looking for a church home with some familiarity, solid Bible teaching and freedom to truly worship.

Each move seems to be a little harder.... the children are older; we've been here the longest that we've been anywhere ...with Colorado at a close second. It's a growing pain.

December 6, 2013.....
Well, we've been here in Ft. Lauderdale almost a month. Change is hard. Very different down here. Lots of adjustments to make. This move seems hardest of all. Maybe because I'm OLDER. Maybe because there are more of us adjusting to "new and different." Maybe because our living situation is temporary and I know we'll need to move out of this temporary housing. Maybe because it's still just so new. We miss our family, our friends, our church, our house.

I know God has us here for a reason. He planned this long ago. He has work for us to do here.

"For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in 
advance for us to do."~Eph. 2:10
  I was able to listen to/watch a teaching from Pastor Frank at CCC entitled "Fear not, For I am with You." It was convicting. I'm having a faith failure after a faith victory. I'm tired. Fear is creeping in. Fear in failing at so many things....being the wife, mom, daughter, sister, friend He has called me to be. (Really there are so many subheadings under each of those headings that I care not to mention.) A faith failure. I'm just being honest. You'd think I'd be strong, or at least I think I should be after going through two HUGE faith journeys- one right after the other.

  There was no fear in The Lord providing for us to adopt Timothy and Annabelle. We didn't know how He would do it but knew He would. He did....abundantly. There was even funding left over which went into a grant for another mom and dad to bring home their child. 

Though I had times of weariness and frustration during the last year, I knew in my heart God was working and providing for us. I have no explanation for how we --paid all of our bills, had plenty of food, received healthcare, Alexandra and Hunter went on a mission trip and more -other than God did it. He worked. He moved. He moved in the hearts of His children. People, even some people we've 
never met, gave to us and prayed for us. Thank you! Thank you! We are truly grateful! It's very humbling to be in that position but gives us even more joy to be able to help others.

Although these words are spoken specifically to Israel, they are a comfort me. 




I took you from the ends of the earth,
    from its farthest corners I called you.
I said, ‘You are my servant’;
    I have chosen you and have not rejected you.
10 So do not fear, for I am with you;
    do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
    I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:9-10
 
Sometimes I feel as though we've moved from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners. It's our journey. The one planned for us long ago.
Amidst these growing pains I am truly blessed. Chris is thoroughly enjoying his new job which makes this wife's heart happy. We were able to move with him, and we are all together. (Usually we are months behind.) We are healthy and live in a country where we can worship the Lord freely. We have friends all over the earth....some we've never met but have prayed for us along our journey. Jesus is ALIVE, and we can celebrate His birth this month!

Here are some pics to catch up on the last year.....God bless!
Christmas 2012





















 









Now from 2013....


























 



 

 



 







 











 




 









 



















 













 



 
 
And my favorite...
Annabelle and Timothy's first time to see the ocean.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment