Friday, March 9, 2012

Day 7: Orphanage, Finding Spot and Miracles

Thank you all for your prayers! Today could not have been better (well, maybe a shorter bus ride but.....). We met the group at 6:30 this morning and headed out from Guangzhou to Maoming. It took us about 4+ hours. The two bigs took up the back row of the bus and slept some. The two littles bounced around on our laps for almost the whole time

....but fell asleep about 3 minutes before parking at the orphanage. Oh boy! Thought that might be a disaster. You know- waking a sleeping child and then bombarding him with the place he's lived his whole life and just been whisked away from. But Timothy did great! He was happy to see his friends, playroom and nannies, even the special one, but when they asked where is his mommy he pointed to me. Where is his daddy he pointed to Chris. Brother? -- Hunter and sister? --Alexandra. They brought him a big GIANT bowl of the food they eat which was mostly rice but had lots of veggies and some meat in it too. He showed us how well he could eat and use a spoon and ate the entire bowl!


Special Nanny

Timothy's Teacher

They brought a bowl for Annabelle too but she didn't eat very much. When it was time to go, he was ready to go with us. He gave kisses and waved goodbye but was happy to be leaving with us. That truly is a miracle... in a few short days he is ready to stay with us instead of what he has known his whole life. I know he will continue to grieve some, but am so thankful for the work the Lord has done in him.

After leaving the orphanage we had lunch and then went to every one's finding spot. Annabelle and Timothy were found only a few blocks from each other. Annabelle was found outside the police station

(yes... I'm crying)

and Timothy was found across the street from a park.


I wondered as we were there if their biological moms were near. I pray the Lord will put peace in their hearts about their babies and they will know A and T are loved. I pray some how they know they are also loved by the One who created them. I hope one day to meet them in heaven.
It truly broke my heart today to see his friends in the orphanage. I know some of them will be going to their forever families but some may never get adopted. There was an older boy there... probably 12 years old who looked very sad to say goodbye to Timothy. He was such a helper and sweet boy. I hope his forever family finds him before he turns 14 and can no longer be adopted. I had the privilege of holding a 9 month old boy who they believe has severe CP. They wanted my opinion on whether or not to do the paperwork on him so he could be adopted. "YES!" I said. He was precious.

The nannies pulled on my heart, too. They do such a good job with all the children and love them so much. Today was bittersweet for them, I'm sure.

Again, I just want to say how proud I am of Alexandra and Hunter. Today was a very hard day physically and emotionally and they did great! Super helpers and so sweet to their little siblings.

We finally made it back to the hotel around 8 PM or so this evening. Chris went to get us some dinner and came back with Starbucks and Haagen-Dazs. SCORE! We deserved it after such a day! :)

It was a very overwhelming and emotional day, but I'm glad we did it. We will be able to help Annabelle and Timothy with some of the questions they may have when they get older.

Thank you again for your prayers!!!!!
For His glory,
Bethany

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your beautiful children! Would you mind emailing me, if you have a moment. I have a few questions about your visit to the SWI today. May God continue to bless this very special time in the lives of your family.
    Blessings
    thestrandfam@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. PRAISE GOD! You're Timothy's mommy and he KNOWS IT! What a day. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHAT A BEAUTIFUL FAMILY!!! I have tears in my eyes reading and looking at the pictures of ALL FOUR of your children;) MAY GOD BLESS YOU AND KEEP YOU SAFE ON YOUR JOURNEY HOME AS WELL AS YOUR CONTINUING JOURNEY WITH YOUR NEW ANGELS!!
    LOVE,
    JENNY BELL

    ReplyDelete